Tours & Tastings
Join us on Saturdays for an engaging, interactive tour of our distillery and Arizona’s only malt house. Following the tour guests will be guided through a comprehensive tasting of our core products, learning the complexity and nuance of tasting single malts. Bottles and merchandise are available for purchase following the tasting. Tours last about 1 hour. Cost is $20 per person.
A few things to consider:
- Reservations required. Please book online below or call us at 520-628-9244 to schedule.
- All are welcome to attend tours, but only those 21 and over may sample our whiskeys.
- During warmer months it can get quite hot in the distillery, so please dress accordingly!
- Close-toed shoes are recommended.
- We have two distillery cats, Masher and Two-Row. They’re very friendly, but please be wary of this if you cannot tolerate cats.
- Cancellation Policy: 24 hours for a full refund, with no refunds after that.
- Parking is available on the West side of the distillery, near the grain silo. On the weekends it is okay to park along the West side of the building.
*If you’d like to schedule a private tour or have a larger group, please email email@example.com with details about your preferred dates/times and party size.
Our bottling crews are a fun way to partake in the whiskey making process! We generally bottle a couple times a month on weekdays, but the whiskey tells us when its ready so there is no predictable schedule that we can follow, as it is purely based off of maturation and taste. On bottling days we have two crews – a morning crew and an afternoon crew. Each shift works approximately 4 hours. During your shift you’ll be working with our distillers and other staff members; filling bottles, corking, sealing, labeling, boxing and helping us on quality control – making sure every bottle that leaves the distillery is exactly what it should be. We’ll feed you lunch and at the the end of your shift you’ll take home a bottle of whiskey that you bottled yourself. YAY.
A few things to consider
- Please DO NOT sign-up if you have had a recent surgery or if you any chronic injuries or any injuries at all.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Must be able to stand for 4-5 hours
- Please wear close-toed shoes.
We want everyone to have the chance to join a bottling crew, but we have to make things fair. We have a growing list of volunteers that you can join by signing up below and when we’re ready to bottle, names will be randomly drawn from the list. If you’re one of the lucky to be drawn, you will receive an email and the first people to respond will make that crew. If you’re drawn, but can’t get back to us fast enough, don’t worry, your name will go back on the list!
Please do not call or email us about upcoming dates for bottling. If you are selected for a crew you must show up on-time for your shift. If you fail to report for your shift once you’ve been confirmed, you will no longer be eligible for future crews.
*If you encounter errors while trying to sign up for the bottling crew, please double check that you are using the latest version of your browser or try signing up using a different browser. If you continue to have problems with the sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Sign Up.”*
Visit our retail shop for merchandise and bottle sales.
*Hours are subject to change, please check our Google page for up-to-date hours*
Hamilton Distillers is proudly located in Tucson, AZ at:
2106 Forbes Blvd #103
Tucson, AZ 85745
- To get here, take exit 256 from I-10 if coming from the freeway
- Head west on Grant Rd.
- Take Forbes Blvd South, which is about a block or so away from the freeway.
- Look for our sign in median and make a left.
- We’ve got a big grain silo outside. You can’t miss us.
What is "DEL BAC"?
Del Bac is an ancient term meaning “of the place where the river reappears in the sand.” Tucson’s Mission San Xavier del Bac was named for its proximity to the Santa Cruz River where ground water surfaced and gave the desert life.
Living in a border region has always held an allure for us. Whiskey Del Bac is actually trilingual. “Whiskey” is the English. “Del” is Spanish for “of the,” and “Bac” is O,odham for “place where the river reappears in the sand.”
Can you ship in-state?
Can you ship out of state?
As far as we know there are no states that allow us to ship spiritous liquor to an individual. If you find out differently and can send us the statute or contact in your state liquor department we would love that ability.
Can I purchase a spent barrel?
Yes, used 15 gallon barrels are available for sale for $125. Please call or email us for availability.
Can I buy a bottle at the distillery?
You can buy a bottles at the distillery at the end of a tour or during retail hours. Please go to the Visit Us page for more information.
What are your business hours?
We are focused on producing whiskey Monday through Friday from 7am to 6pm, but we are open to the public on specific days/times. Go to the “Visit Us” page for details and times for tours, tastings, and retail hours.